I am Amber Bedford, and I am talent-less! Follow my ever-growing impossible and down right cringey journey to find my talent!

Monday 11 February 2013

Week Five - Bowling


I will start this entry by telling you the end - we got thrown out the bowling alley.

Thinking back, there was a variety of reasons as to how this happened but I’ll let you determine them for yourself as we progress.

The story starts at the Leisure Box in Birmingham, with the overwhelming smell of feet and overpriced hot dogs to greet me.  Me and a group of friends teamed up and took to our lane, with a questionable pair of bowling shoes in hand.
Now around 75% of birthday parties in the 90's were held in bowling alleys so I can assume that most of the nation knows how the game of bowling works. However, if you’re unsure, 10 skittles are set up in a triangular formation at the bottom of a lane and you must knock down as many of the skittles in a maximum of 2 throws.

There was one very important addition to this particular bowling trip - vodka (BYOB yeah?)

As a player, you are judged on your ball selection. Too heavy and your a bit cocky, too light and you might as well not bother. I personally went for the amber coloured ball, for obvious reasons.  

It is also optional to have the rails either up or down on your lane, we decided to mix it up and go for one of each (was more of a forced decision.)


As the game went on and the vodka got neater, the balls really started coming down the aisle. During the game and a half we managed to play, I only got round to scoring one spare and this was due to an extra 2 balls being thrown down the lane (thanks boys!)


Top tips for not getting kicked out

- Do not go running down the lanes to retrieve balls
- Do not kick the balls
- Don't leave your cans of M&S cosmopolitan in visible sight




Talent rating – 5/10 I need more ball control!

“Watching Amber throw a ball is the funniest thing I've ever seen” - Matthew O’Boyle

No comments:

Post a Comment