I am Amber Bedford, and I am talent-less! Follow my ever-growing impossible and down right cringey journey to find my talent!

Thursday 16 May 2013

Week Thirteen - Learning Guitar

Imagine the scene: Christmas Day, a 15 year old me and an electric guitar from Argos.
It was at this stage of my life that I thought it was cool to dye my hair pink, wear coloured tights, start an all girl band (we were called Remember Tomorrow, and none of us could play instruments or sing) and go to gigs in Skegness. Not so cool!
Back then, I only lasted a few weeks learning the guitar until I got bored of playing 'Wonderwall' and quit.
This week, I was on a comeback tour and decided to pick the guitar back up and start again!
To start, I googled 'an idiots guide to reading music' and gave myself a quick tutorial in what mean what and what went where. To be totally honest I still don't understand.
Next up came the song choice. Wonder wall is apparently a good beginners song to play, but after playing it so much 6 years ago, I couldn't bear to do it again.
However, I did vaguely recall attempting R.E.M's 'Man on the Moon' and the chords looked simple enough.

After about 3 tedious hours of trying to get my fingers to go on the strings they needed to be on, I had a... I'll call it a remixed... version of the Man on the Moon.
I could just about play the song but at a pace that was around 6 times slower than the original. And it was also very shit.
Unfortunately, I also had very sore fingers and a permanent frown from concentration.

Talent Rating - 3/10 basically, I don't think my talent lies here, don't expect to hear me on Radio One anytime soon.



Fore note: This is not my room, I do not care for football. Or single beds

No comments:

Post a Comment